What is compensation management and how can it benefit your organization?
The practice of compensation management goes far beyond the mere concept of attracting and retaining talented employees in the organization. Compensation management is the practice of the organization that involves giving monetary as well as non-monetary rewards to the employees, in order to compensate for the time they allocate to their job. The use of compensation management is increasing as organizations have started to realize the need for leveraging its human capital in order to gain a competitive edge in the industry. Compensation management involves “maximizing the return on human capital.”
Benefits of Compensation Management for your Organization
- One of the most significant benefits associated with compensation management is that it helps the organization achieve employee satisfaction. A happy employee will be more productive, while contributing to the overall profit of the business. This makes employees realize that they are getting equal returns for the time and effort they are dedicating to the organization. The practice of compensation management exerts a positive impact in the employees by influencing them to perform better and increasing their overall efficiency.
- This stabilizes the labor turnover rate as employees get compensated for their work at a competitive market rate. They do not feel the need of leaving the organization. It can then be concluded that compensation management helps increase the loyalty of the employees towards the organization.
- Compensation management is an important aspect of the job evaluation process. It augments the whole process by setting up standards for the company that are realistic as well as achievable, as far as the compensation practices of the organization are concerned.
- It is a practice which helps to improve the relationship of the company with the labor union, as it allows the compliance of different labor laws and acts. If the organization is following the compensation practices same as that of the market, there will be no dispute to settle between them and the labor union.
- It helps the professional growth of employees, as their efficiency increases, when there is a reward present for achieving a certain level of production. This also means that the deserving employees are fairly compensated for the efforts they are putting into their work, thus helping the organization to retain the best talent.
- Compensation Management is the practice that if followed properly, will turn the organization into a hub of talent. This means that more human capital will get attracted to the company, when they will view the compensation package that it will be offering. Also, the organization must keep in mind that monetary rewards are not something that only derives the motivation of the workforce. The overall compensation package must also include the non-monetary rewards, where the employees should be appreciated for the effort they are putting in their work. Therefore, the organization must ensure that its compensation package is based on monetary as well as non-monetary rewards.
Download The Report
Top 10 Questions to Ask Your ICM Vendor
- How do I settle comp disputes?
- How many people can be credited for a single sale?
- Can your application keep up with my fast growing needs?
This content will be the success message for ajax submissions