Why You’re Not Happy with Your Incentive Compensation Management Solution
The job of sales ops and incentive compensation professionals is hardly ever easy.
Figuring out how to get better and improve results can sometimes feel like an exercise in guesswork. Your incentive compensation management system is there to help you and should be the main tool you have for improving the results of your teams.
At least, that’s the theory.
But it appears that quite a few sales ops and compensation professionals are still using the wrong kinds of tools, not using the right kinds of tools properly, or—dare we say it—not using a tool at all (outside of spreadsheets).
A recent survey of leaders in the space revealed rampant dissatisfaction, to the tune of more than 33%, with the way they are handling incentive comp management.
The survey revealed:
- A lack of confidence in incentive compensation management strategies.
- Lack of alignment between sales ops and executive leadership on those strategies.
- Internal struggles commonly hampering the execution of otherwise sound compensation strategies.
- Compensation plan over-complexity making strategies very difficult to execute.
- Reliance on old and outdated systems making it nearly impossible to analyze data for valuable insights that can then be used to drive sales behavior.
In this day and age, with the kind of technology we have at our fingertips, none of the above should be happening.
If you’re one of the sales ops or sales incentive compensation management professionals who can relate to one of the above-cited issues, read The 5 Sales Incentive Compensation Trends That Should No Longer Be Trending for a closer look into the survey’s results and for tips on how to fix that which should not be a problem in modern-day sales.