What Does Sales Enablement Mean to You?
What is sales enablement? Sales enablement means different things to different people. There are countless definitions out there from research firms, analysts, and experts. In some firms sales enablement may be a role, in others it could be a range of tasks performed by different sets of people in marketing, sales, and sales operations. Put simply, sales enablement boils down to one goal – ensure sales can sell. This may encompass tools, content, people, and processes that support sales reps. So why should you fuss and fret over sales enablement? Sales carries the world on its shoulders. What happens without sales? Nothing. No campaigns, no budgets, and no office parties. What’s more? The need for sales enablement is ever more pronounced in an era of empowered customers who have knowledge at their fingertips. Today’s customers scout the internet for products, prices, and reviews and are quite knowledgeable by the time they agree to talk to a rep. Reps shouldn’t have to scourge through multiple spreadsheets, platforms, and web portals to access information, tools, resources, learning, and messaging. And god forbid, they shouldn’t have to create content. There’s got to be a better way. Sales needs all the help they can get to bring in bigger deals, faster. In our recent webinar, It’s Ok to be Selfish, a snap poll revealed 90% of participants were struggling, at least to some degree, with current sales enablement tools and processes. The top challenges for organizations include:
- Having the right content at the right time
- Quality leads
- Pricing and quoting process
The time is ripe for an overhaul of sales processes. So what can sales enablement do for sales reps?
- Quick Onboarding: New sales reps should be able to start making sales calls 45-60 days into the job.
- Complete Lead Intelligence: With a marketing automation platform sales will have comprehensive lead intelligence including real-time alerts on lead web activity.
- Content Portal: A central repository of all collateral and tools that reps need to close deals.
- Configure Price Quote: Create quotes in minutes with automated approval. Protect margin health and factor in cross-sell and upsell opportunities.
- Commissions: Calculate accurate sales commissions. Incentivize reps by letting them view their commissions even as they close deals.
Are you doing all this for your sales reps? If not, what are you waiting for?
Poornima Mohandas | April 3rd, 2014