Solving Sales Operations’ Biggest Challenges
Sales operations leaders play a crucial role in translating their businesses’ objectives into actionable plans and programs for the sales force and, ultimately, achieving sales growth. That role is becoming ever more crucial, a Sales Operations Practices Research Report from the Sales Management Association (SMA) shows that sales operations’ responsibilities are expanding, and that sales operations departments face increasing pressure to deliver both strategic and tactical assignments.
With this expanding responsibility comes a need to identify the best ways to reconcile competing responsibilities while improving sales productivity.
In a recent webinar hosted by Bob Kelly, chairman of the SMA, Diana Weigand, a sales performance consultant from Miller Heiman International, and CallidusCloud VP of Sales Operations Christine Dorrian provided insight into solutions they’ve put in place to enable their teams to focus on more strategic projects and to avoid getting buried in day-to-day tactical operations.
The areas they covered included:
- How to become more productive in order to cope with expanding responsibilities
- Ways to free up time from tactical day-to-day tasks so that more energy can be put into strategy
- The growing need for analytics coupled with reports, and the skill sets required to conduct good analytical research
- How sales operations can help drive development of the sales force
- The future of sales operations
Watch the full webinar recording here or peruse the slides below. We hope you catch a few tips and keep an eye out for more content digging into how sales operations can become more efficient!